top of page
  • Writer's pictureVisit Ossett

Group Meeting Minutes 5th April 2022

Attendees:

Will Harrison Mark Ellerker Deb Harrison Anne-Marie Fawcett David Jones Bev Riley Paula Gill Robert Bearns Alison Boome Duncan Smith Mark Elvin Nick Farmer


Apologies:

Tony Sergeant John Whiteman Rachel Driver Phil Waud


Matters Arising:

· Mark Ellerker to check on PA facilities for Gala Day and query town hall PA with Ian at Wakefield Council

· AMF to follow up on Town Hall toilet facilities for September event

· Mark Ellerker to speak with Keith about the plan for classic cars for the Heritage Day market


Finance:

Visit Ossett rebrand has completed, pending action for the bank account. BR confirmed that the current account is a charity account and queried with HSBC to either switch or close the account. BOB bank account is still open, a new account will be opened ASAP for Visit Ossett and the BOB account closed. Mark Elvin advised that NatWest offer a free society bank account.


Constitution:

DS to share a model constitution for review. The existing Building Ossett Better constitution to be edited and aligned to Visit Ossett


Events:

Building a list of stall holders for Ossett Beercart – WIP 14 teams confirmed for the Beercart event

Bunting to be put up in the Town Centre on Wednesday 1st June. Volunteers with ladders to be sought. BR to investigate grants for bunting and ribbon for the centre lamppost. 1000m estimated for the precinct and Station Road.

Ossett Gala applications are starting to drop through. Ossett businesses are to be prioritised but applications will be processed individually rather than in one go. BR to visit Ossett Tyre House next week regarding sponsorship. WH & DH to investigate a competition for the Ossett Gala programme. BR and Mark Ellerker to meet and arrange performers for Ossett Gala. NIF to be submitted before 16th May for the cost of the Town Hall rental on the day.

BR to reach out to the community centre

Heritage day details to be worked on and confirmed at a later date. Email to be circulated to schools soon regarding Scarecrow theme. Mark Ellerker to gather contact details for the schools


AOB:

Mark Ellerker to speak with Shaw Cross Printers and DJ to speak with Xamax regarding High Vis vests

Mark Elvin suggested a union flag on the precinct similar to the Olympic rings done previously. Everyone present was supportive of the idea but concerns were raised on the scale of work required and timescales to have it in place for the Jubilee.

DS mentioned a meeting for Coal Race volunteers on 13th April, 7.30pm at Darby and Joan Welfare Hall, High Street, Gawthorpe, WF5 9QS. Everyone welcome to join.



The next meeting will be on Tuesday 3rd May. 7pm at Trinity Centre, WF5 9DW

30 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Visit Ossett Group Meeting Minutes July 2022

Attendees: Bev Riley Will Harrison Mark Dyster Mark Ellerker Apologies: Debbie Harrison Duncan Smith Paula Gill Alison Boome David Jones Tony Sargeant Finances: Bank & Cas

Comments


bottom of page